ARB soft shackle breaking strenght: 14500kg
Staying safe is paramount in recovery situations and having properly rated gear is key.
The ARB Soft Connect Shackle has been updated with UHMWPE (Ultra High Molecule Weight Polyethylene) high tensile, CE certified, synthetic rope.
UHMWPE rope is used in many of the synthetic rope applications on winches and purpose-built tow straps.
Rated at 14.5T breaking strength, the ARB Soft Connect Shackle is engineered to float in water, be resistant to short-term UV radiation, and provide superior strength.
Updating the protection to the UHMWPE rope in the ARB soft shackle, the UHMWPE synthetic rope is encased in a high tensile, braided shield.
The braided shield improves abrasion resistance to protect the UHMWPE synthetic rope and further protect against cuts and abrasions when in use.
The larger soft shackle connection is formed by passing the large ball end knot through the open loop, the loop then tightens around the knot when used and pulls securely against the large formed knot during recovery.
The knot cannot let go and loop tightens securely around the knot forming the connection.
The ARB Soft Connect Shackle is suitable for vehicles up to 3.5T GVM and has a breaking strain of 14.5T.
The ARB Soft Connect Shackle acts as a fuse in a recovery situation, breaking generally before any rated metal components that it is attached to should break.
This removes flying metal projectiles in recovery situations and provides a safer recovery for persons involved in the recovery and bystanders. The Soft Connect Shackle also provides flexibility for attaching your strap to a rated recovery point. Always follow correct recovery procedures and put safety for you and everyone else first before attempting any recovery. Protecting and storing your ARB Soft Connect Shackle when not in use is done with the included drawstring carry bag. The bag incorporates a mesh and nylon case to allow for sufficient drying as well as protecting and providing easy storage in your recovery kit.
- 14.5T breaking strength, suitable for vehicles up to 3.5T
- UV-resistant properties, water-resistant, and floats
- Updated braided outside shield (No outer sleeve required)
- Updated, longer size to suit more conditions
- Updated slide-lock loop, no drawstring
- Flexible, attaches to most rated recovery points
- Manufactured from CE certified, high-tensile, UHMWPE (ISO 2307)
- Safer than a steel shackle when used correctly
- Instructions printed on storage bag and separately
- Easy to store in vehicle door pockets, glove box, etc. and doesn’t rattle in transport
- UHMWPE (ISO 2307) synthetic rope
- 12mm x 12 strand rope
- In-house & externally tested ARB stringent requirements
- Consistent 14.5T+ (142kN+) breaking point in a controlled environment
- All shipments batch tested for consistency under ARB test conditions
- Comprehensive testing in field – Winching, Snatch Blocks & Snatch Strap
- Braided sleeve for superior abrasion resistance
- Not for Lifting Purposes
- Suitable for vehicles using an 8T or 11T recovery strap